Sweet Yellow Cornmeal Arepas
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 cup boiling hot milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen corn niblets
- 1-1/4 cups yellow arepa flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Boil milk in a small pan. Remove from heat and add butter to pan.
- Process corn in Oster® Food Processor until almost paste (about 30 seconds).
- Place corn, arepa flour, salt, sugar and cheese in a large bowl. Mix ingredients together until well blended.
- Form a small well in the center of flour mixture and pour in the hot milk. Stir until smooth. Add a little water if dough is too thick. Dough should be the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- In your Oster® Arepa Maker place 1/2 cup of mixture in center of each non-stick cavity and bake for about 10 minutes.