Sesame Shrimp and Broccoli with Rice Noodles
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into 1-inch flowerettes
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and lightly brush oil. Grill until cooked throughout, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package. Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a saucepan an saute garlic, mushrooms, and broccoli for about 4-5 minutes; add all sauce ingredients to saucepan and simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Toss mixture with rice noodles; sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds. Serve chilled, if desired.