Triple Blueberry Lovers Yeast Waffles
Packed with blueberries, crisp on the outside, light and tender inside, with the complex flavor of yeast raised batter. Great for dessert or breakfast
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon blueberry preserves
- 8 tablespoons no salt butter, melted & cooled.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dried blue berries
- 4-5 oz fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- Eight hours before serving or before going to bed, mix yeast with 1/2 cup of warm milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and stir in all the milk, yeast mixture, preserves, butter and vanilla. Mixture will be loose. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 8 hours or over night.
- Place dried blueberries in a small bowl and cover them with water. Place in refrigerator next to batter.
- Remove batter and berries from refrigerator when ready to prepare. Drain liquid from soaked berries.
- Separate eggs and stir yolks into batter.
- Beat whites to soft peaks.
- Add fresh and dried berries to batter and fold in egg whites gently
- Cook for 8 minutes one notch below highest setting.
- Makes 6 waffles