Bibb and Watercress Salad with Hot Mustard, Toasted Walnut Bread and Blue Goat Cheese
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 head endive
- 6 ounces domestic blue goat cheese
- walnut bread, cut into 12 large dice and toasted lightly
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, mustards, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper with the Oster® hand mixer.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil while steadily whisking.
- Thin with a little water if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and spin dry the Bibb and watercress. Set aside in a cool place.
- To make croutons, arrange walnut slices on a cookie sheet. Cut endive in half lengthwise, then into thin strips. Arrange endive on walnut bread. Crumble blue cheese over endive. Set aside.
- To assemble salad, place desired amount of dressing in a large bowl. Add Bibb lettuce, watercress and red onion, and toss until lightly coated.
- Heat walnut bread croutons in an Oster® toaster oven at 350-degree oven until cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven.
- Arrange two or three croutons on each plate. Place salad carefully in the center.