Brie and Artichoke Bruschetta
- Oster® Toaster Oven
- 6 (1/3-inch-thick) slices of round country loaf
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 1/2-oz.) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (2 oz.) piece prosciutto or ham
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz. brie
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan shavings
- Set Oster® Toaster Oven to broil and pre-heat.
- Arrange bread in one layer on a baking pan, then brush tops with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil until golden brown and transfer to a rack.
- Spread thin layer of Brie on toasted bread.
- Cut artichokes lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and cut prosciutto into matchsticks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch heavy bottom skillet on moderately high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Stir frequently until they become transparent.
- Add the artichokes and prosciutto, cook the artichokes until golden (about 4 minutes) then add the balsamic vinegar.
- Add the basil and mint, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture over the toast. Top with Parmesan and serve immediately.