Deep Fried Oysters
- 12 large shucked oysters
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned bread crumbs
- 7 cups oil
- Drain the shucked oysters and dry them well between towels.
- Beat together the egg and 2 tbsp water.
- Insert a fork into the tough muscle of the oysters, dip them in the water and egg mix; then in seasoned bread crumbs; in the egg again and once more in the bread crumbs.
- Let the oysters dry on a rack for 1/2 hour.
- Pour 7 cups oil into deep fryer.
- Preheat deep fryer to 375°F.
- Fry them for approximately 4 minutes.