Lobster Ceviche with Hearts of Palm
- 4 1-1/2 to 2-pound Maine lobsters (about 4 to 4 1/2 pounds cooked meat)
- 1 large yellow tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, halved, then julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 pound fresh hearts of palm
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry English mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup lobster stock
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lobster, tomato, red onion, cilantro, scallions, chives and marinade.
- Toss and reserve.
- Steam hearts of palm for about 2 minutes, then chill in an ice-water bath.
- Combine juices, mustards, mustard seeds, horseradish, white onion, lobster stock and celery in an Oster® blender and blend well. Reserve.
- Lay some chilled hearts of palm decoratively on each plate.
- Place a scoop of lobster ceviche in center.