Puréed Vegetable Fritters
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked mashed carrots
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp flour
- 6 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 7 cups oil
- Beat the egg until light.
- Add and beat well the cup of cooked mashed carrots.
- Stir in the salt, flour, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce and the parsley.
- Spread these ingredients on a greased platter.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- When they are cold, shape them into 1 inch balls.
- Pour 7 cups of oil into deep fryer.
- Preheat deep fryer to 375°F.
- Flour and roll in Bound Breading.
- Fry the balls in oil for 4 minutes.
- Like potato puffs, this vegetarian appetizer or light snack can be prepared easily and cooked in minutes in an Oster® Deep Fryer. Worcestershire sauce, parsley, carrots, egg and buttermilk create a rich flavor your guests will love.