Roasted Garlic and Sweet Pepper Bruschetta
- 2 each red and yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Roasted garlic
- Hearty, crusty bread
- Use as many whole, fresh garlic bulbs, unpeeled, as you like.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Toss garlic in bowl with enough olive oil to coat the cloves. Bake for 50 minutes or until garlic is soft and tender.
- Saute the peppers in olive oil until they become very soft and the skins begin to blacken. Remove from heat and toss with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut bread into thick slices and rub with a bit of olive oil. Grill over a fire or under a broiler until lightly browned.
- Spread roasted garlic onto sliced bread, (should be paste consistency), and top with peppers.
- Note: Use extra roasted garlic along with pasta, meats, fish and poultry for low-fat bang-up flavor.