Spiedini of Mozzarella and Two Tomatoes with Basil Oil
- 2 3/4-pound balls fresh mozzarella
- 1 large yellow tomato
- 1 large vine-ripe red tomato
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 basil leaves, julienned
- salt and pepper
- 4 8-inch wooden skewers
- Cut mozzarella balls and tomatoes in half. Set each half on flat side, square off ends, and cut into two 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On each skewer, arrange two slices of mozzarella, a slice of red tomato and a slice of yellow tomato, alternating cheese and tomato.
- Set on a plate and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle julienned basil over the dish and serve.