Sweet & Savory Brie in Puff Pastry
Serves: 12 to 14
- 1 package puff pastry sheets (from the freezer section of grocer)
- 2 six inch round Bries
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 cup whole fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 round oven safe baking dishes that will hold Bries snugly
- Defrost 2 pastry sheets, unfold and place 1 sheet in each of the baking dishes.
- Remove the white skin from the top of both Bries.
- Place Brie in center of pastry and crimp the edges of pastry together to form a lip around the edge of the Brie
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. (Do not form a paste.)
- Spread on top of 1 Brie.
- Combine all ingredients in an Oster® food processor until finely chopped. (Do not form a paste).
- Spread mixture on top of the other prepared Brie.
- Bake in Oster® Toaster Oven at 400o for about 15 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve immediately.
- Accompany with a variety of crackers, bread and fruit.