Tangerine Tequila Shrimp
- 2 lbs of 31 – 40 raw shrimp clean deveined
- Bamboo skewers
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 large red dried California chili cut in half
- 1/2 red onion cut into 4 pieces
- 2 fresh green chilies, cut in half (stems removed)
- 4 tangerines* peeled, cut in half (seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, a triple orange liquor (optional)
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Turbinado sugar (raw cane sugar)
- Place shrimp on skewers and lay them in a flat container with a tight fitting lid.
- Place all marinade ingredients as listed in the Brushed Nickel blender jar.
- Process the mixture for one cycle on Frozen Drink cycle. Pour marinade all over shrimp, cover container and marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill. Remove skewered shrimp from marinade and grill for 2 minutes on each side.