Watermelon Salad with Feta, Sumac, and Sage Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh shallots
- 1-1/2 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 Fresh seedless watermelon, cut into 18 thin triangular slices
- 3 teaspoons sumac (plus some for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons julienned cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 6 tablespoons finely diced feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons chiffonade of sage (for garnish)
- 4 ounces sage vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Destem sage and parsley and place in an Oster® Blender. Add garlic, shallots, and lemon juice. Pulse to blend.
- With the motor running, drizzle in oil to create a smooth emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put in a squeeze bottle and keep cold until ready to use.
- In the center of each plate, arrange three pieces of watermelon in overlapping fashion.
- Combine cucumber, onion and feta with 1 ounce of vinaigrette.
- Place a small mound of cucumber mixture on each watermelon slice. Top each mound with chiffonade of sage.
- Using squeeze bottle, surround watermelon with designs of sage vinaigrette. Dust plate with sumac for garnish.
- Dust watermelon slices with sumac.