- All ingredients at room temperature (70°F-80°F)
- 1-1/4 cups sourdough starter (see "Sourdough Starter," below)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1-3/4 tsp active dry yeast
- Measure and add liquid ingredients (including sourdough starter) to the bread pan.
- Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
- Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients.
- Measure the yeast and carefully pour it into the well.
- Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid.
- Press "Select" button to choose the Basic setting.
- Press the "Crust Color" button to choose light, medium or dark crust.
- Press the "Start/Stop" button.