Light 'n Crisp Waffles
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Cook bacon strips. Pour 1/2 cup batter over waffle grids. Lay 1 strip bacon, cut in half, over batter and close waffle maker. Bake as directed.
- Fold 2 cups fresh blueberries into batter. Pour 3/4 cup batter over grids. Bake until golden.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese into batter. Bake as directed. Serve with syrup or your favorite creamed entree.
- Fold 1 cup chocolate chips into batter. Bake as directed.
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Put all ingredients, except egg whites, in a large mixer bowl. Beat on low until moistened.
- Increase to medium, mix until smooth.
- By hand, gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids. Close waffle maker, bake until steam no longer escapes, about 3-5 minutes. Repeat.
- Serve while hot with your favorite topping.
Pecan or Macadamia Nut Waffles:
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp. finely chopped pecans or macadamia nuts over preheated waffle grids. Pour 1/2 cup batter over nuts and close waffle maker. Bake as directed.