Rich Belgian-Style Waffles
- Serve a special waffle for brunch or dessert
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- Preheat Oster® waffle maker.
- Put all ingredients, except egg whites, in a large mixer bowl and beat with Oster® Hand Mixer on low until moistened.
- Increase to medium, mix until smooth.
- By hand, gently fold in beaten egg white.
- Pour a rounded 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids. Close waffle maker, bake until steam no longer escapes, about 3-5 minutes. Repeat.
- Serve while hot with warmed syrup or Strawberries Romanoff.