Chile Corn Chowder
- 6 green chiles, roasted, peeled, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Combine all ingredients, except the cheese and the cream, in a large pot and cook over a low heat until the potatoes are done.
- Add the cream and cheese. Heat until cheese has melted.
- Optional: For a heartier soup, add cooked diced or shredded chicken before adding the cheese.