- olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 shallots, minced
- 2 jalapeno, seeds and stems removed, minced
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and diced
- 10 ears of corn, shucked
- 8 cups fish stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ribs of celery, cleaned and diced small
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced small
- 1 bulb fennel, diced small
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 pounds cleaned and ground conch meat
- Lime wedges for garnish
- In the Oster® Electric Skillet, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shallots, onion, celery root and jalapenos and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the corncobs, half the corn kernels, fish stock and cream. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat.
- Remove the corncobs; puree the soup in the Oster® Blender and pour the soup back into the Oster® Electric Skillet, on low.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, fennel, herbs, the other half of the corn kernels and cherry tomatoes.
- Stir in the ground conch and bring to a simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with a wedge of lime.