Notes: Make these crisp variations on a Belgian waffle in an Oster® Waffle Maker with vanilla, sugar, eggs and flour. Top with ice cream or fresh berry sauce.
Serves: 4 waffles
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (or equivalent)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Put butter and sugar in large mixing bowl. Cream together on medium-low.
- Add vanilla and salt. Increase speed to medium.
- Add eggs (or equivalent). Mix until smooth.
- Decrease speed to low, add flour. Mix well.
- Divide 3/4 cup batter into four portions and drop on each corner of the grids. Close waffle maker. Bake until steam no longer escapes, about 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from waffle maker with non-metal turner to wire rack. Allow waffles to cool.
- Serve plain or with your favorite fruit filling and whipped cream.