Lemon Curd Trifle with Orange Cake
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (3 or 4 lemons)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 4 slices (1 inch by 4 inches each) of any left over cake or fruit bread
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries, cherries)
- Juice lemons in Oster® Citrus Juicer. Place sugar, zest, juice, yokes and eggs into medium-sized sauce pan.
Wisk mixture with an Oster® Hand Mixer until very smooth and well blended. Place pan over medium heat, add butter and stir constantly until mixture becomes thick and glossy (8-10 minutes). Mixture should coat a spoon. Remove from heat and pass through a fine sieve. Pour into a container, cover and chill. Makes 3 cups.
- Whip cream and fold in zest. Cut cake slices into cubes. Assemble trifle in tall glasses layering curd, fruit cake, curd, fruit and whipped cream. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Makes 4 servings.