Garlic Shrimp Casserole
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 pounds shrimp (10 per pound size is best)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chick stock or broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups converted rice
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- *Begin by preparing the casserole dish. Butter then sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Pre-heat Oster® InspireTM Toaster Oven to 325oF.
- Peel, de-vein, and cut shrimp lengthwise.
- In a medium size saucepan heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and celery in the olive oil. Add the rice, stirring frequently and watching the heat, making sure not to brown the ingredients. Add the broth and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley, then fold in sour cream and raw shrimp and pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil. Bake in Oster® InspireTM Toaster Oven at 325oF for 30 minutes. Remove the foil just 10 minutes before finished cooking.
- Serve hot from the oven.