Triple Chocolate Espresso Cannoli
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 12 pieces parchment paper, 8 by 8 inches each
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup espresso, cooled
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- half of brown sugar cream (preceding recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups sliced seasonal fruit
- Using Oster® Hand Mixer, whip cream and sugar together into loose peaks, making sure to dissolve sugar early in the process. Divide into two equal parts.
- Melt each type of chocolate separately over hot water, and put in squeeze bottles. Drizzle both colors of chocolate in a grid pattern on one half of each piece of paper. Carefully roll up paper to form a tube with chocolate completely lining inside. Tape to hold position. Complete one cannoli tube at a time, keeping squeeze bottles warm. Chill to harden.
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Let cool slightly. Meanwhile, whip cream and keep chilled. Warm a bowl with water and dry well. In it, whip egg whites until they become frothy. Gradually add sugar and whip until still and glossy. Add whites to the melted chocolate and butter by thirds, whisking well after each addition. Fold in reserved cream and cooled espresso. Fill a pastry bag with mousse. Using a plain tip, pip mousse into chilled cannoli tubes and freeze.
- Blend together espresso and brown sugar cream. Rewhip slightly to form loose peaks.
- Make a simple syrup by boiling sugar with 1 cup of water until sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Cool. Make a raspberry puree by boiling raspberries with 2 tablespoons of water. Strain to remove pulp. Cool. Gently combine fruit with some of the raspberry puree and some of the syrup. (More simple syrup and raspberry puree will be produced that needed for this dessert.)
- Ahead of time, cut cannoli in half and thaw slightly in refrigerator. Spoon brown sugar cream and espresso cream onto plates. Unwrap cannoli carefully and place two halves on each plate. Garnish with some fresh fruit salad.