Warm Financier Cakes with Seasonal Berries
- 2 baskets assorted berries, cleaned (slice strawberries)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 18 ounces ground almonds or almond flour (meal)
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus some for molds
- 5 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups melted butter, plus some for molds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix sugar and berries and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat Oster® Toaster Oven to 400°. Mix almond meal, powdered sugar and flour in a bowl. In another bowl, beat egg whites with Oster® Hand Mixer until they are stiff. Stir melted butter and almond extract into dry ingredients. Fold in egg whites to complete batter. Spread batter into molds evenly and bake for 7 to 10 minutes (longer if molds are deep), until golden around edges.
- Place a warm financier cake on each plate and serve with berries.