Yellow Squash in Fennel Butter
- 6 yellow squash, trimmed and sliced 1/8" thick
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp melted butter
- Salt freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
- In an Oster® Food Steamer, steam the yellow squash until tender-crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over moderate heat.
- Stir in the fennel seeds and fry until they darken a few shades.
- Add half of he butter to the squash. Mix together and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with pistachios and drizzled with remaining butter or oil.