Grilled Tuna Steaks with Green Peppercorn Sauce
- 3 tuna steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp whole green peppercorns
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp cognac (optional)
- Rub fish with salt, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, peppercorns, and mustard in a small saucepan and heat on the corner of the grill, stirring occasionally until thickened. Stir yogurt and cognac into tomato mixture and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Grill tuna on medium coals, turning once, until meat flakes easily with a fork (allow 10 minutes per inch of thickness.) Serve with sauce spooned over.