Mesquite-Grilled Lamb with Tapenade and Grilled Provencal Vegetables
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 16 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- salt and white pepper
- 4 tablespoons tapenade (pureed black olives; for garnish)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped garlic
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
- 8 baby lamb chops, frenched
- 8 baby lamb T-bone steaks
- Slice zucchini, eggplant, fennel and onion in 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Marinate all vegetables in olive oil, thyme and garlic.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Grill over mesquite until golden brown.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, rosemary and peppercorns.
- Place lamb in mixture, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Place grilled vegetables on each plate.
- Top with grilled lamb chops and T-bones.
- Garnish with tapenade.