- To maintain the quality of all the parts and minimize tea and coffee stains, we recommend washing the pitcher/lid, baskets/lid, with warm water and mild detergent after each use.
- Hard water can leave mineral deposits inside the pitcher and brew basket. To remove, fill the brew basket and pitcher with warm white vinegar. Let soak for 20 minutes. Rinse.
Do not use harsh, abrasive cleaners. They will cause scratches which can lead to breakage.
Your machine must be delimed when you begin to notice an increase in steaming or if the pumping action stops before all the water has been pumped out of the machine. The frequency of cleaning depends on the hardness of your water.
To delime, follow these easy instructions.
- Pour 1 quart (32 oz.) of undiluted white household vinegar into the water reservoir.
- Place the pitcher lid on the pitcher. Slide the pitcher under the machine.
- Push the "on" button to begin brewing cycle. After 1 cup of vinegar has pumped into the pitcher, unplug appliance. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Re-plug the cord. Your machine will automatically continue to pump out the remaining vinegar.
- When your machine shuts off, unplug the cord, remove the pitcher. Discard the vinegar.
Fill the pitcher with clear tap water to the water level marked on the pitcher. Repeat Steps 1-5 again using water until all traces of vinegar are gone.
Suggested cleaning intervals:
Soft Water - Every 80 brew cycles
Hard Water - Every 40 brew cycles