Recipes By Cuisine - Asian
Roast Duck with Plum Sauce
- 1 4 to 5 lb duck
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb ripe, red plums
- 1 cup seedless white grapes
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 whole serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven or an Oster® Electric Skillet to 450°F. Remove neck and giblets from duck cavities. Trim excess fat and wing tips. Sprinkle inside and out with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Prick duck skin all over with a fork. Place into the skillet or a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Add water to the skillet or pan to prevent splattering and to create steam.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 450°F; reduce to 350°F and roast for 40 minutes more.
- Remove duck from skillet or oven and drain.
For the sauce
- Sauté garlic and chilies in peanut oil over low heat until smooth.
- Pulse plums and grapes in an Oster® Blender; add mixture to garlic along with wine, honey, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. To thicken, dissolve arrowroot powder with 1 tbsp water, then whisk into sauce until thickened.
- Serve over roast duck or other poultry; garnish with green onions.
Sesame Shrimp and Broccoli with Rice Noodles
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into 1-inch flowerettes
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and lightly brush oil. Grill until cooked throughout, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package. Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a saucepan an saute garlic, mushrooms, and broccoli for about 4-5 minutes; add all sauce ingredients to saucepan and simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Toss mixture with rice noodles; sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds. Serve chilled, if desired.
Fire and Ice Fruit Kabobs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Assorted fruit, cut into 2-inch cubes, including apples, firm bananas, pineapple, pears, and nectarines
- Your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Grilling skewers
- Combine first 3 ingredients, and brush over skewered fruit. Grill until just cooked and immediately serve over ice cream.
Notes: Skewer fresh fruit and brush with honey, orange juice and ground cinnamon. Grill to perfection on your Oster® Indoor Grill and serve for dessert with your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt.