Recipes By Cuisine - American
Smoked Turkey BLTs with Herb Mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 slices smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound ready-cook bacon, cooked
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 head romaine hearts, washed and dried
- Toast bread.
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, basil and parsley. Process until mayo is tinged green and herbs and finely chopped and incorporated into mayonnaise.
- Spread herb mayonnaise on bread and layer with turkey, bacon, tomato and lettuce.
Yellow Squash in Fennel Butter
- 6 yellow squash, trimmed and sliced 1/8" thick
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp melted butter
- Salt freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
- In an Oster® Food Steamer, steam the yellow squash until tender-crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over moderate heat.
- Stir in the fennel seeds and fry until they darken a few shades.
- Add half of he butter to the squash. Mix together and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with pistachios and drizzled with remaining butter or oil.
Turkey, Brie & Cranberry Melt
- Serves 4
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 8 slices turkey breast
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 slices fresh Brie cheese, thick
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter on bottom slice of bread.
- Place on top of buttered side of bread, 2 slices of turkey, 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce and 1 slice of cheese. Repeat for each sandwich.
- Place top on sandwich and put in Oster® Sandwich Maker. Cook until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Poached Salmon Salad with Wild Mushrooms
- 1/3-1 lb salmon steak, cooked as desired (grilling or poaching work best)
- 1/4 cup watercress
- 1 small head radicchio
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 lb tree oyster mushrooms, sliced (or any other wild mushroom variety)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Slice salmon into 1" pieces. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp lemon juice; season with salt & pepper.
- Clean and tear radicchio and romaine leaves and combine in a large bowl.
- Saute mushrooms with shallots in olive oil until translucent. Add remaining lemon juice and season to taste. Toss with salad and top with sliced salmon.
Avocado, Crab and Tomato Sandwiches
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1-2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 head frisée lettuce
- Toast bread, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine crabmeat, celery, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, scallions and Old Bay Seasonings.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust flavors and seasonings if desired.
- Build sandwiches by topping bottom toast with lettuce, crab salad, tomato and avocado.
- Top with bread and slice in half.
For an elegant ladies luncheon or a romantic picnic by the water. Serve with fresh fruit and chilled champagne.