Recipes By Product - Wafflemakers
Waffle Carrot Cake
- Makes 3 Waffles (1 Waffle Cake)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 3 to 5 minutes per Waffle
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1/2 pkg (4 oz) cream cheese, cold
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Beat together sugar, vegetable oil and egg until light; beat in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves; stir into egg mixture.
- Fold in carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Divide mixture into three portions.
- Place one portion in center of preheated waffle iron; spread with offset spatula.
- Close waffle maker and rotate until 180°F to the right; cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining portions.
- Makes 4 Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Mix together beef, salt and pepper
- Divide into 4 portions
- Form each portion into rounded patty. Place one patty in preheated waffle iron.
- Close waffle maker (do not rotate); cook for 4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F
- Top burger with slice of Cheddar; cook for about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted
- Repeat with remaining patties and cheese
- Assemble burgers in buns with lettuce and tomatoes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 4 to 5 minutes per cheeseburger
- Use ground chuck steak for a flavorful hamburger patty
- Serve burgers with desired condiments, potato salad and coleslaw on the side
- Makes 4 Servings
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pita breads, halved
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 16 slices cucumber (skin on)
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tahini sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Stir together mayonnaise, tahini and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini sauce, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne in food processor; pulse for 30 to 45 seconds until well combined
- Add 1/4 cup water; pulse until smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder; pulse to combine. Stir in parsley.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chickpea mixture in each quarter of preheated waffle iron; use offset spatula to flatten slightly.
- Close waffle maker and rotate until 180°F to the right.
- Cook for 6 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and centers are cooked through; repeat with remaining mixture
- Place 2 falafel quarters in each pita half with lettuce, cucumber and tomato. Top with dollop of Tahini Mayonnaise
- Males 4 Omelettes
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp torn fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 slices tomato
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, red pepper, mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper
- Using half-cup measure, pour egg mixture into preheated Oster® flip waffle maker
- CloseOster® flip waffle maker and rotate until 180°F to the right; cook for 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture. Serve with tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 3 minutes per waffle omelette
- For fluffier waffles, add 1/4 cup cream or milk to eggs
Waffle Pizza Pockets
- Makes 12 Pizza Pockets
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half into 9-inch round.
- Sprinkle one half with cheese, pepperoni and green pepper; top with remaining dough, pinching to seal edges.
- Using 3-inch round cutter, cut into rounds, sealing edges.
- Reroll scraps as necessary to make 12 rounds.
- Place 4 rounds (one in each quarter) in preheated Oster® Flip Waffle Maker.
- Close Oster® Flip Waffle Maker and rotate until 180°F to the right.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Repeat with remaining rounds. Serve with pizza sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 3 to 5 minutes per waffle
Chocolate Chip Waffle Delight
- Serves 4 to 5
- Waffle mix, prepare according to package directions - enough to make 4-5 waffles
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 ounces whipping cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup prepared raspberry syrup
- 1/2 cup prepared chocolate syrup
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Add chocolate chips to prepared waffle mix. Make waffles in Oster® Waffle Maker.
- Separate waffles into triangles.
- In a serving plate drizzle syrups in a design and then layer waffles with whip cream three waffles high.
- Take fourth waffle triangle and stand up in plate. Use some whip cream to help it stay straight if needed.
- Add small scoop of ice cream to plate in front of standing waffle.
- Sprinkle fresh berries around plate and serve.
Chocolate Waffle with Coffee Ice Cream and Espresso-Caramel Sauce
- Serves 8 to 12
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1-1 /4 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coffee, freshly brewed, cooled slightly
Coffee Ice Cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso beans, crushed with a rolling pin
- 8 egg yolks, whisked lightly
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 4 shots espresso
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Let cool slightly. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Stir this mixture into dry ingredients. Stir in coffee. Stir in melted chocolate and butter. Cook in Oster® Waffle Maker until done (about 3 minutes). This recipe makes six whole waffles using a waffle iron that takes a 4-ounce ladle of batter. Waffles can be made ahead and reheated on an oven rack.
Coffee Ice Cream
- In a pot, heat half-and-half, whipping cream, sugar and espresso beans to almost a simmer, whisking occasionally to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 45 minutes. Reheat almost to a simmer. Temper egg yolks by whisking a ladle of hot cream mixture into them; then add yolks to hot cream. Stir over medium-high heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon. Immediately strain through a fine chinois to remove crushed espresso beans and any curdled egg. Chill overnight if possible. Freeze in an ice cream maker. High-quality commercial ice cream can also be used.
- In a heavy saucepan, dissolve sugar in just enough water to make a slurry. Stir over low heat until all crystals are dissolved. Raise heat and cook without stirring over high heat until sugar caramelizes. Swirl pan occasionally to keep color even. When golden brown, remove from heat and add cream all at once, standing back in case of spatters. Return to low heat and stir with wooden spoon to dissolve sticky caramel in bottom of pan. Remove from heat. Add butter and stir to melt. Add espresso. Keep warm, or gently rehet when ready to serve waffles.
- Cut waffle into quarters and use two quarters for each serving. Heat waffle. Arrange on a dessert plate with two scoops of coffee ice cream. Drizzle with espresso-caramel sauce. If desired, garnish with a little whipped cream and powdered sugar.
Light 'n Crisp Waffles
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Put all ingredients, except egg whites, in a large mixer bowl. Beat on low until moistened.
- Increase to medium, mix until smooth.
- By hand, gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids. Close waffle maker, bake until steam no longer escapes, about 3-5 minutes. Repeat.
- Serve while hot with your favorite topping.
Pecan or Macadamia Nut Waffles:
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp. finely chopped pecans or macadamia nuts over preheated waffle grids. Pour 1/2 cup batter over nuts and close waffle maker. Bake as directed.
- Cook bacon strips. Pour 1/2 cup batter over waffle grids. Lay 1 strip bacon, cut in half, over batter and close waffle maker. Bake as directed.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese into batter. Bake as directed. Serve with syrup or your favorite creamed entree.
- Fold 2 cups fresh blueberries into batter. Pour 3/4 cup batter over grids. Bake until golden.
Chocolate Chip Waffles:
- Fold 1 cup chocolate chips into batter. Bake as directed.
Multigrain Waffles with Yogurt & Fresh Fruit
- Serves 4
- 2 apricots
- 2 plums
- 2 strawberries
- 2 pears
- 16 ounces vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Multigrain or whole wheat waffle mix, prepared according to package directions
- Remove pits from fruit and slice.
- Saute fruit in batter for 2 to 3 minutes, add honey stirring constantly until honey just begins to boil. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Mix yogurt with orange rind.
- Make waffles in the Oster® Waffle Maker.
- Place waffles on a plate and pour fruit compote over top.
- Serve yogurt on the side.
Rich Belgian-Style Waffles
- Makes 5 waffles