Make sure of the following:
- Ensure that you have pushed the Brew / Off button
- Give the unit a few seconds to allow the water to go into the internal heating reservoir and then they should see the Heating Light indicator illuminate.
- Unit will not begin heating water until brew button is pushed.
- There may not be enough water. Remove the reservoir, fill to the fill line and try brewing again.
- Do not use distilled or reverse osmosis water. This may cause the brewer to not function properly. The KG5 requires the natural minerals in water to sense the correct serving sizes.