A NUTRITIOUS TWIST
After the holidays just about everyone wants to cut down on unhealthy snacks and sweets.
Mix up your trail mix with fresh-popped popcorn and tasty little morsels of dried fruit, nuts and seeds.
- 2 cups of popped corn
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2/3 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
Sprinkle hot, freshly popped popcorn with cinnamon, tossing to coat evenly.
In a separate bowl, combine the sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds, cranberries, and apricots.
Toss the nut, seed, and fruit mixture with the popcorn.
Divide evenly among 4-6 snack sized bowls.
& Cook With
You don't have to sacrifice taste with this choco-nilla milkshake made from fat-free, sugar-free ingredients!
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar free chocolate syrup
Place ingredients into your Beehive blender.
Blend on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until desired consistency.
Serve in a tall, chilled glass.
Make this easy and delicious frozen treat anytime you want to serve something light and refreshing.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries, pureed
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can replace with any natural sugar substitute for less calories)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan.
Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer until sugar dissolves.
Remove from heat and cool completely (1-2 hours).
Combine with pureed strawberries and lemon juice.
Pour into freezing bowl and freeze as directed in the instruction book.
& Cook With