Oster® Master Series Pre-Programmed Blender with Reversing Blade Technology - Black
Make It Fresh® with more! Dual Direction Blade Technology automatically kicks into reverse for smooth, jam-free blending. DURALAST™ All Metal Drive metal-to-metal connection allows you to blend up to 10,000 smoothies.
- Dimensions: 15" x 7.5" x 9"
- 1000 power watts/600 blending watts
- Cord length: 16"
Perfect for smoothies, dips, sauces and more, the Oster® Master Series Pre-Programmed Blender with Reversing Blade Technology is loaded with extras to make blending easy and more convenient. A powerhouse-of-a-blender with 7 speeds, it starts up at 1000 watts then blends steadily at 600 watts for superior crushing, pulverizing and extracting. With Smart Settings™ Technology, this blender is designed to provide expert results at the touch of a button for everything from blending frozen drinks and shakes to finely chopping your favorite ingredients. Dual Direction Blade Technology™ automatically kicks the Crush Pro 6® Blade into reverse to move ingredients down into the jar, making blade jams virtually nonexistent. For easy cleaning, the Boroclass® glass blending jar is dishwasher safe and shatter-proof, so it can go to right from the dishwasher to blending icy, cold drinks.
- Pre-Programmed Smart Settings™ Technology - easy, one-touch controls for expert results
- Dual Direction Blade Technology™ - stainless steel, 6-point blade works with motor to automatically kick in reverse and free jam-ups
- 7 Speeds - Different ways to make it fresh from PULSE to MAX ICE CRUSH
- 6-Cup Boroclass® Glass Jar - Dishwasher safe for easy clean up
- 2-Ounce Filler Cap - Built in markings to measure and pour ingredients while blending
- Oster® 10 Year DURALAST™ All-Metal Drive Limited Warranty for lasting durability
- 3 Year Satisfaction Guarantee
- Oster® Helpful Tips Manual
Boroclass® is a trademark of Crisa Libbey Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V. used with permission.
Questions & Answers
Service & Support
Oster® Master Series Pre-Programmed Blender with Reversing Blade Technology - Black is rated
Rated 5 out of
Best Blender I've Ever had!
I am on my second Oster Pre-Programmed Blender! My son stole my first one! Hahaha! He loves this model too!
This blender will crush up frozen fruit and ice beautifully. I make smoothies and protein shakes almost daily and this blender can keep up. (leaves no big chunks of ice) LOVE the reverse feature! For the best results, we used the appropriate setting per drink.
Kudos to Oster as well! I broke my original glass pitcher. I called them directly and someone helped me get a new part ordered. All is well again!
The only con I can think of is that it can be loud, but it's crushing up ice, so no surprise there. I would highly recommend this blender.
Date published: 2014-08-09
Rated 5 out of
Best blender for frozen drinks!!
I purchased this blender almost a decade ago and was highly impressed with how well it handled making frozen drinks. The ice was chopped and blended smoothly and evenly without leaving chunks in my daiquiris. I've moved on to making homemade frappuccinos (honestly, I like mine better than starbucks) and smoothies. Currently the blender gets used about 3-4 times a day between my husband and I and I couldn't be happier with it. Came here today to get a replacement blade as I've noticed the original beginning to dull and leave chunks of ice in my coffee drinks. Picking up a couple of other accessories while I am here and thought I'd share how happy I am with this blender.
Date published: 2017-06-07
Rated 5 out of
I like it BETTER than my Vita-Mix.
I really like that
- This blender pulls food down, so I don't need to use a tamper.
- It's compatible with most other Oster containers. I have several Blend-n-Go containers that I use for salad dressings, sauces, then store them in my refrigerator.
- I can put the containers in the dishwasher. Couldn't do that with my VitaMix!
Date published: 2014-05-06
Rated 5 out of
Worthy of the counter space.
I have been using this blender on a regular basis for over 5 years, but not daily. I find it to be reliable, well made and does what I want it to do. It comes apart for ease of cleaning and is interchangeable with the mix and go accessories.I avoid cooking with plastic so I am currently on my third glass jar due to my rock hard floors. I like that parts are not hard to find and they are well made. I will buy this blender again if it breaks down.
Date published: 2016-01-06
Rated 1 out of
I have bought 2 Oster blenders in the last 2 months. Both of them have the plastic bottom that holds the blade and both of the plastic bottoms have broken. Actually they just crumple into pieces. I have tried to glue it back together but then another section breaks. I guess I should just buy the more expensive brand that doesn't have this section. Trying to find the part to purchase at this time.
Date published: 2014-11-20
Rated 4 out of
Time for a Smoothie Party!
What? You don't have a national Smoothie Party Day where you live? Then make your own holiday!
I've been researching Oster blenders for months. No interest in other brands. I got my new Oster bread machine in January, although I already have an older Oster. Then I wanted that extra large toaster oven, but a certain retailer claims 1-3 months to ship, until I finally gave up on that and moved on to buying the other kitchen toys I want. The food processor is a lot of fun for weekly pizza and crushing cookies for a cookie crumb pie crust for my cheesecakes!
I admit to being a foodie. I love food as long as I'm not cooking or baking the same old tired stuff day after day. I thrive on YouTube cooking videos. I buy kitchen toys so I can have fun with my meals, make new dishes for friends that are visiting, and take a new dish to bible study. The main job my kitchen toys have is to let me have an adventure; find a new recipe, make the recipe, and then improve it to share with friends. So, the last thing I want is to be disappointed in a tool that breaks down or won't perform because I'm already planning another meal or event before the current one is finished.
I decided a month ago to buy the Oster Pro. But my friends got tired of me talking about it, so a friend bought me a Oster blender a couple weeks ago from a local store. I love kitchen gifts, but that blender was wrong for me in so many ways.
Another friend sent me a gift card for a specific online retailer. But they didn't have the Oster Pro 1200 in stock. So, I bought this one. As soon as the blender shipped, I sent out invitations to a smoothie party. But I practiced making a few smoothies two or three times a day in preparation for the party. The inaugural smoothie was magical - coffee, chocolate and bananas. I also blended the creamiest and tastiest potato, cheese, and broccoli soup I've ever tasted. I cooked it quickly in my 12" cast iron skillet so we could get to the blending quickly. Butternut squash soup is next.
When my guests arrived, we had frozen strawberries, frozen and pitted cherries, pears, honeydew melon, frozen bananas, whole pineapple, peeled apples, yogurt, pecans, coconut milk, spinach, chilled green tea, and a big tub of ice. Once the smoothie making started, I'm surprised the neighbors didn't file a noise disturbance complaint as I'm sure ALL my neighbors heard the blender going and going.
The blender survived.
1) The rubber attached to the lid looked like it had been chewed on by mice in a few places. I noticed it as soon as I had unpacked the box and inspected the blender parts. 2) I had to thoroughly scrub each piece of the blender because there was some fine dirt that made me think this blender had been dug up from a grave. I've never seen so much dirt in anything I've purchased - the box was sealed, so must have been from manufacturing. 3) Not really sure I like the rubber thing in the lid that can be removed to drop in extra ingredients while blending. Makes me think of a ground up trashcan type of rubber, but I'm supposed to measure my food with it? Is this part BPA free? Because I can assure you, it does come in contact with food. 4) The lid appears to sit on the lid in only one way, but it would not stay in place - it had to be held down. When it was let go, smoothie contents were spewed out within just a couple seconds. I did not take the chance of letting go when I had hot (not boiling) soup in it, as I did not relish cleaning melted cheese off anything. I'm wondering if the rubber of the lid softens over time so it seats in the jar better. 5) The smoothie program is off by at least 10 seconds. Not once did that setting blend smooth by itself, with or without ice. I had to pulse several times or run it up to high before or after the program. Not a huge deal, but it is advertised as making smoothies with one touch of the pre-programmed button. 6) It's nearly impossible to see the measurement markings on the glass, no matter the color of the contents being blended 7) I didn't get to test how solidly it sits on the counter because the lid wouldn't stay on. It felt like the base was stable, but I was pressing down to keep the lid in place. 8) After using it for everything I could think of for several days, I'm not sure I want to try using it for making nut butters and nut milks as I had planned to do. While it blends smooth, it is a bit of a gritty smooth. I doubt it will pulverize small seeds well. This makes me sad as I had really been looking forward to making my own almond and coconut milk with the Pro 1200, had it been in stock.
1) You don't have to keep up with the Jones' or the Smiths' and buy a $500 blender for most things people want to use a blender for. For under $100, this blender packs a lot of power and I am not ashamed of saving a few hundred bucks that I don't have. 2) Glass blending jar! Enough said. 3) Making smoothies can be done quickly, even if you have to give additional pulses with the program button. 4) The manual has recipes! 5) It's an Oster. While it could improve in a few ways, I'm confident about purchasing Oster kitchen appliances. I rarely eat out and make most of my food from scratch more and more. 6) The jar is the perfect size for making smoothies for a party of friends/guests. 7) Optional food processor. While I doubt the food processor accessory will replace my 10 cup food processor, it is a very nice accessory to have while you are making a bunch of smoothies at once because you won't have to do as much chopping. 8) I've really given this blender a workout in a short amount of time and not once did it feel like it was overheating or straining to blend. I did use plenty of liquid, so it could be different for those that want very thick smoothies. 9) I was very concerned about the noise level because of other reviews. However, I don't think it is excessively loud. We were blending on the counter next to the open kitchen door without any complaints from neighbors. I suffer from nearly continual headaches and am very sensitive to sounds and didn't feel like the noise was too much to handle for such brief amounts of time. 10) Oster accessories at reasonable prices. I already bought the Blend n Go cup. It's nice to have a few accessories to buy without going on a major treasure hunt to find a dealer of Oster parts. 11) While the other blender my friend bought me did not meet my needs, I did not experience any problems with Oster's customer support when I called. 12) I can hold my head up proudly when my friends ask which brand of blender I got. No hang-dog look could replace the big smile I have when I recommend this blender if they don't require that extra 300 watts of power the Pro 1200 has.
So go ahead and buy this blender, then declare a Smoothie Day holiday and eat, drink and be merry with your friends.
Date published: 2016-04-11
Rated 3 out of
I have 2 blenders. Good but, needs blade replacement after few months. Unfortunately no model number /parts number is available to order part.
Date published: 2014-08-01
Rated 5 out of
Does it all
Bought it about a year ago, love it, love it. I have used oster blenders for 35 years never been disappointed. My Oster Fusion makes great fresh and frozen smoothies all by itself. Choose a setting the blender does the rest, love the automatic reversing of blades.
Date published: 2018-08-02