Cook Fresh Seafood in Your Skillet This Summer
This summer, enjoy a home-cooked meal that's fresh and light with some tasty seafood. Try cooking up one of these seasonal fish recipes in your Oster® DuraCeramic™ Electric Skillet.
Nothing says summer seafood quite like lobster. This dish is the perfect meal to enjoy after a long day at the beach or simply to remind you of the salty sea air. Here's what you'll need:
- 2 large tortillas
- 6 ounces Muenster cheese, shredded
- 1 large ripe papaya, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 fresh chili pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 lobster claws
Start off by heating your skillet to 350 degrees. Add in olive oil along with the peppers, papaya and scallions to saute for about 2 minutes, then set aside and clean your skillet.
Next add about half of your sauted ingredients, cheese and lobster meat to each of your wraps in the electric skillet and fold over into half circles. Let your quesadilla cook for about 3 minutes then flip. Wait for the cheese to melt and the edges to brown to check for doneness. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Classic White Fish and Veggies
Pick your favorite type of whitefish this summer and grill it up with some veggies in a light sauce for a classic summer meal. Try this recipe to get started:
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound fish fillets of your choice
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/2 cup peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup asparagus
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 lemon
Saute the peppers, onion and asparagus in olive oil. Add salt, pepper, white wine, lemon and tomatoes. After about 3 minutes, add fish filets and basil. Cook until flaky and break up if needed. Serve your vegetables and fish over a bed of rice or alone with an ear of corn.
Your Oster® DuraCeramic™ Electric Skillet is perfectly designed to cook up some delicious and simple scallops. Here's what you need to do:
- Mix equal parts butter and olive oil in your skillet until they begin to heat.
- Add fresh or thawed scallops to your Oster® DuraCeramic™ Skillet one at a time.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper to your preference. Squeeze in a little lemon juice on top.
- Flip your scallops as you cook them. Each should be brown on the edges and transparent in the center when done.
Serve with some delicious summer vegetables and enjoy.