IT'S GOOD TO SEE GREEN
It's simple and fun to get your green on! Packed full of green goodness, a healthy smoothie is the perfect way to infuse a power punch of nutrients into your day, and fitness model and triathlete Angi Greene is sharing one of her favorite "Greene Goddess" smoothie recipes exclusively with you! Angi uses a number of fresh vegetables and her Oster Versa Performance Blender to make a quick, healthy, green smoothie that the entire family will love, especially kids who simply won't be able to resist.
Go Green With the "Greene Goddess Smoothie"
The Oster Versa Performance Blender comes with Blend-N-Go cups that make it easy for anyone to transform and transfer the Greene Goddess smoothie's fresh ingredients into delicious "grab-and-go" snacks for any occasion, whether you're embarking on a morning commute, going hiking, swimming or bike riding.
These items are easy to pick up at any local market, a cinch to throw together and effortless to blend and serve. You'll need:
- 1/2 avocado
- Handful spinach
- Squeezed lime
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango
- 1 tsp of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
Mix all in-GREEN-dients using the Oster Versa Performance Blender with 1100 watts of ice-crushing power, and take advantage of its pre-programmed and manual settings to eliminate guesswork. The Versa 1100 blender delivers consistent blending results with Oster's legendary all metal drive and reversing blades that alternate forward and backward, taking veggies to a whole new level of smooth. An eight cup BPA-free Tritan plastic jar is durable and dishwasher-safe, making it easy to prepare batches of green goodness and even easier to clean. Accessories include a 5-cup food processor attachment to make an array of smoothies, dips, dressings and more with ease, and two 20 oz. Blend-N-Go cups perfect for on-the-go use.
We want to make it as easy as possible to get the most from your blending experience. Here are some of our favorite ways to use your blender more efficiently so you can make as many "Green Goddess" smoothies as you want:
- Pulse is often sufficient for many blending tasks.
- Avoid extended operation - running it longer than needed. Not all blenders are equipped with overload protection.
- Never operate the blender without the jar being securely placed on the unit.
- Regardless of how snug the lid is, you should hold it down while the blender is operating.
- Never operate the blender without the lid. Even the smallest amount of food can create quite a mess if the lid is not applied.
- To make cleaning easier between blending batches, put a small amount of warm water and dish detergent in the jar, and pulse to pre-clean immediately after using it. Rinse thoroughly.
- When all blending tasks are finished, disassemble the jar and blade assembly to clean it carefully.
- Always leave room for expansion - at least one third capacity and more for very thin or hot liquids.
- Place liquid ingredients in the jar first, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut vegetables and food items in small portions to enable foods to circulate around the blade.
- Blend hot liquids carefully, starting on lowest speed; leave lid cap off for steam to escape and fill the jar only half full, allowing more room for expansion. You may need to use a hot pad while holding down the lid during operation.
- Allow blender to come to a full stop before changing speed settings.
In addition to being a mom, actress and fitness model in L.A., Angi Greene is also an accomplished triathlete. She overcame her extreme fear of swimming and ended up racing the Escape from Alcatraz Tri, a half Ironman in New Zealand, and went on to compete for her native country of Canada in the World Championships for Olympic distance in Beijing, China. Watch the following video to find out how she maintains a healthy lifestyle for her and her family no matter how busy she may be.