Pumpkin Juice with Your Food Processor
Pumpkin spice foods are all the craze every fall. From lattes and cookies to gum and potato chips, many companies and shops have used pumpkin spice to transform all of their food into festive treats. However, pumpkin spice doesn't taste much like the gourd is modeled after. Instead, this flavoring is filled with rich spices.
But you can make your own true pumpkin juice at home with your food processor. Pumpkin juice is a great fall option that's vegan and chock full of the same nutrients as pumpkin, such as potassium and vitamin A, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.
How To Make Pumpkin Juice
Pumpkin juice can be a great addition to a smoothie, a festive punch or simply enjoyed on its own. All you need to get started is a sweet pumpkin and your Oster® Versa® Performance Blender With Food Processor And Blend-N-Go® Cups. Follow these directions.
- Make sure you buy a sweet pumpkin rather than a large jack-o-latern pumpkin. These smaller gourds are the type used in pie.
- Once you have your pumpkin, wash the exterior thoroughly as you would vegetables or fruit. Also, remove the seeds and pull from the inside. Feel free to save the seeds for later.
- Next, peel the skin off the pumpkin and cut it into roughly 2-inch-by-1-inch rectangles.
- Toss the pumpkin chunks into your food processor and blend until it's smooth. Some people like to heat the chunks until they're soft for easier blending. It's your call.
- Once blended, you can enjoy as is or sift the pulp out for a thinner juice.
Enjoy your authentic pumpkin juice! It goes great in smoothies as well as mixed with other fruit juices such as apple or pineapple.