Valentine's Day-Themed Smoothies for Two
Valentine's Day is known for hearts and roses, but it's also known for chocolate boxes and sugar-loaded candies. These Valentine's Day-themed smoothie recipes are inspired by the sweet treats of the season but use clever ingredient swaps that don't skimp on flavor.
Spread the love this Valentine's Day by whipping up these creative smoothies in your Oster® Exact Blend 300 Blender. They're perfect for sharing with your sweetheart as a fun breakfast, afternoon snack or lighter dessert after dinner.
Red Velvet Smoothie
A red velvet smoothie must be loaded with sugar and unhealthy fats, right? Think again. The beet gives the smoothie its bright red flavor and adds a nutrient boost without getting in the way of the sweetness provided by the vanilla and cacao powder. Avocado thickens up the drink, making this smoothie a satisfying and sweet treat on Valentine's Day.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 2/3 beet
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 4-5 ice cubes.
Add the ingredients to the blender and beat until completely smooth. Top with raw cacao nibs for added sweetness.
Raspberry Dream Smoothie
Raspberry is delicious when mixed into chocolate and cheesecake or whipped into a mousse. This Raspberry Dream Smoothie is big on richness without using artificial sweeteners or added fats. Frozen bananas make the smoothie thicker while also chilling it, and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate is the perfect partner to the raspberries.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 3 frozen bananas, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup low-sugar all-natural vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate, chopped.
Pulse all ingredients in your Oster® Exact Blend 300 Blender. The drink should not be completely smooth, rather there should be small pieces of raspberry and banana left for added texture. Pour into glasses and top with a little shaved dark chocolate.
Chocolate-covered Cherry Smoothie
The cherry cordial is standard in a box of Valentine's Day chocolates. Its gooey, sweet cherry filling perfectly complements the smooth milky chocolate. This Valentine's Day, get your cherry and chocolate fix from this delicious smoothie.
- 14 fresh cherries, with pits removed, or 1 cup of frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder (dark chocolate variety)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats.
Combine all ingredients in your blender and pulse until completely smooth. Add more oats if you'd like the consistency of the smoothie to be even thicker.
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
A slice of creamy strawberry cheesecake is heavenly, but the classic Valentine's Day treat is full of fat and sugar. Opt for this creative twist on strawberry cheesecake flavors instead.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup low-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen banana, chopped
- 2 large fresh strawberries (for garnish).
Add all ingredients to your Oster® Exact Blend 300 Blender and beat until smooth. Halve the fresh strawberries and fasten onto the rims of the glasses for a fun garnish.