Pea & Mint Soup
Creamy and smooth, with a hint of mint.. This soup will warm your soul.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 package of baby peas, defrosted
- 4 long green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint leaves, peas and feta, to serve
- In a large pot heat oil. Add half of the peas, onion, leek and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until onions are golden and peas are beginning to burst.
- Add stock, rice and mint leaves. Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked. Set soup aside and allow to cool.
- Place cooled soup, in batches into Oster® 10-Cup Food Processor. Secure the lid.
- Puree on HIGH speed for 20 seconds or until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour pureed soup into a clean pot and bring to a simmer. Add remaining peas.
- Serve with mint leaves, extra peas and feta.