Spiralized Beet And Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 each golden and red beets, peeled, ends trimmed and halved
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place piece of golden beet into spiralizer chute.
- Turn spiralizer on; press beets using pusher until dispensed into bowl.
- Repeat with remaining golden beet and red beets. (Use golden beets first so they don’t get stained by the red beets.) 4. Place beets into separate bowls.
- Whisk together red wine vinegar, shallot, chives, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in oil. Toss beets, separately, each with half of the dressing.
- Place spinach in large serving platter.
- Top with golden and red beets, goat cheese and walnuts.
- Garnish with parsley.
- You can plate each serving and serve as a composed salad if desired.
- Add hard-boiled egg wedges if desired.
- If you like, you can replace goat cheese with crumbled feta cheese.