We’re celebrating Oster’s 75th Blending Anniversary with homemade watermelon granita – make in the blender! Here’s how it goes: Make a little basil simple syrup. Throw everything into a blender (we’re partial to our Oster Pulverizing Blender). Transfer to a baking dish to freeze. Enjoy! Perfect for hot summer days and nights and sure to cool you off.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 5 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lb diced watermelon
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Add the water to a microwave proof bowl or measuring cup. Add basil leaves. Microwave 3-4 minutes or until very hot and almost boiling.
- Pour water and sugar in to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the lime juice and watermelon. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in to a 9x12 metal baking dish. Place in the freezer on a flat surface. Freeze for 20 minutes. Pull it out and use a fork to stir the mixture. Place back in the freezer and repeat again, but stir after 15 minutes. Repeat the process until the mixture has completely crystalized.
- Spoon in to bowls and garnish with fresh basil and whipped cream if desired.