Crunchy Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Perfect for breading meat, veggies and even atop your favorite casserole!
• 4 wide-loaf slices or 6 regular-loaf slices, white or sourdough bread
• 1 cup cubed Parmesan cheese
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, optional
• 3/4 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Tear bread into 1-1/2-in. pieces.
3. In four batches, place torn bread in blender; pulse on LOW until coarse crumbs form.
4. Transfer to baking pan, spreading evenly; bake 7-9 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once. Cool completely.
5. Place cubed cheese in blender; blend on HIGH until finely grated. Transfer to a large bowl.
6. Add seasonings and cooled bread crumbs to cheese; toss to combine. Use as desired.
7. Store any leftover bread crumbs in airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.