Frothy Hot Chocolate
One cup of this hot chocolate, and you will feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
• 2/3 cup (4 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
• 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
• 3 cups whole or 2% milk
• 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Marshmallows or whipped cream, optional
**One cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips may be substituted for 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Omit powdered sugar and proceed as recipe directs.
1. Place chocolate chips and powdered sugar in Oster® blender jar.
2. Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until you reach a simmer (do not allow to boil); pour into blender.
3. Place lid on jar; remove filler cap. Place a folded kitchen towel over lid. With one hand on the towel, blend on lowest speed until chocolate is completely melted.
4. Add vanilla; blend to combine.
5. Serve with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired.