Spaghetti with Prawns and Scallops
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 lb. (500 g) prawns
• 6 medium tomatoes; peeled, seeded and diced
• 1 ½ lb. (750 g) spaghetti
• 4 tbsp. olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 16 scallops, cleaned and without shell
• 6 tsp. chopped parsley
1. Pour 4 cups of water in your Oster® Electric Skillet with Hinged Lid, turn temperature control knob to 400˚F (200˚C) and cover; wait until it water starts boiling then add spaghetti; cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is “al dente.”
2. Turn skillet off and remove temperature control, empty water, drain spaghetti and reserve.
3. Lightly dry skillet with a paper towel, insert temperature control back and turn knob to 350˚F (175˚C). Add oil, garlic, tomatoes and sauté for 30 seconds. Add white wine, season with salt and pepper, and lower temperature to 300˚F (150˚C) for 10 minutes or until liquid reduces to half the amount. Now add the prawns, scallops and parsley. Cook until the prawns turn pink and the scallops turn opaque.
4. Add spaghetti and toss well to combine the flavors; garnish with parsley and serve.