White Bread with Herbs
• ¾ cup (175 g) wheat flour, sifted
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon yeast
• ½ cup hot water
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Wooden roller
• 16” x 12” (40 x 30 cm) baking pan
• ½ cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tomatoes, cut in slices
• 1 squash, cut in slices
• 16 ounces (400 g) fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut in slices
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves
• Salt and pepper freshly grounded, to taste
1. In 2 tablespoons of hot water, sprinkle yeast and reserve.
2. Sift the flour, salt and pour ¾ of the mixture in the mixing bowl of your Oster® Planetary Stand Mixer.
3. Install the wire beater in the bowl and the splatter protector, set your Stand Mixer to speed 3. Add the yeast, the remaining water and wait until they combine.
4. Now install the dough hook. Set your Stand Mixer to speed 2, add the rest of the flour slowly and the herbs, reserving a small amount of herbs. The dough is ready when it separates from the side walls of the mixing bowl and forms a ball around the hook.
5. Remove the dough and on a lightly floured flat surface knead the dough for 2 or 3 minutes. Form a ball and place it in a covered container in a dry place for 2 hours until it expands to double its size.
6. Preheat the oven to 430˚F/220˚C. Shape the bread loaves to your liking, place the rest of the herbs on top, place in a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350˚F/175˚C and bake for 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let them rest on a wire rack.