Sweet and Sour Vegetables
• 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium onion, cut into thick julienne strips
• 3 cups broccoli
• 3 cups cauliflower
• 1 red pepper, cut into julienne strips
• 1 yellow squash, cut into julienne strips
• 2 seeded tomatoes, cut in wedges
• 1 can (450 grams) pineapple chunks in its juice
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons agave nectar
• Salt to taste
1. In your Oster® Removable Electric Skillet, add olive oil and turn temperature control knob to 400˚F (200˚C). Wait until it is hot and add onion, sauté for 4 minutes. Add peppers and sauté for 5 more minutes while stirring. Add tomatoes, squash and pineapple chunks without the juice; instead reserve the juice. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, agave nectar and if necessary, adjust amount of salt. Stir and cook for 5 more minutes and serve immediately.