Rice Noodles with Beef
• 7 ounces (200 grams) rice noodles
• 2 pound (1 kilogram) beef loin, cut in thick strips
• 2 red onions, cut into thick julienne strips
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 red pepper, cut into julienne strips
• 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips
• 2 squash, cut into julienne strips
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 cup cilantro leaves without stems
• 1 cup basil leaves
• Salt to taste
1. In a nonmetallic bowl, cover rice noodles in boiling water and leave for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain all water and set aside.
2. In your Oster® Removable Electric Skillet, add oil and turn temperature control knob to 400˚F (200˚C). Wait a few minutes and when it starts smoking, add beef, sauté for about 10 minutes then remove and set aside. Add onion, garlic, red pepper, carrots, squash and sauté for a few more minutes. Add beef again, add soy sauce, lemon juice and fish sauce, adjust amount of salt if necessary; cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add rice noodles and toss using kitchen clamps. Remove skillet form heating base, stir in basil, cilantro and transfer to the table as a serving dish.