Brown Rice with Chicken and Vegetables
• 3 cups brown rice
• 4 ½ cups water
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons salt and ½ tablespoon pepper
• 2 zucchinis, diced
• 2 yellow squashes, diced
• 2 large carrots
• 2 chicken breasts
1. Season chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon salt and the pepper. In your Oster® Bioceramic Multifunction Rice Cooker, pour the tablespoon olive oil, press the Sauté button and then the Start button. Sauté chicken until browned, remove and set aside. Add minced garlic, sauté for a few seconds then add brown rice, water and 1 ½ tablespoons salt. Press the Stop button then press the Brown Rice button, press the Start button and stir ingredients.
2. Place chicken and carrots in the steam tray then insert the tray in cooking pot and cover.
3. Meanwhile, season zucchini and yellow squash with the remaining salt. When the rice cooker switches to Keep Warm, remove the chicken, the carrots and set aside. Place the zucchini and squash in the steaming tray, insert it back in the cooking pot and cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes or until they are firm.
4. Cut chicken and carrots in similar size pieces as the zucchini and yellow squash.
5. Once zucchini and squash are ready, press the Stop button, remove rice and stir to mix all ingredients; serve in your favorite bowl.