Fresh, healthy and oh-so-satisfying as a spread or dip for crisp veggies.
• One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans or chickpeas
• 1/3 cup tahini
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
1. Drain garbanzo beans, reserving liquid and a few beans to garnish.
2. Place tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and drained garbanzo beans in Oster® blender jar. Blend on HIGH until combined.
3. Remove filler cap from blender lid. While blending on LOW, add enough reserved liquid (about 1/3 cup) until mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Transfer to shallow dish; Garnish with oil, paprika, and a few whole garbanzo beans
Serve as a dip with warmed pita bread, fresh vegetables and toasted pita chips, or use as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.