A twist on salsa that will take your fiesta to the next level.
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1/2 pound tomatillos (about 3 medium), husks removed, cored and quartered
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped white onion
• 1/2 small serrano pepper, quartered
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
1. Place the first six ingredients into Oster® blender; blend on HIGH until almost smooth.
2. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
4. Cool and enjoy!
Tip: Serve warm in quesadilla, tacos or breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs and cheese, or serve as a dip with your favorite tortilla chips.