Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
•2 each golden and red beets, peeled, ends trimmed and halved
•6 cups baby spinach
•1 cup crumbled goat cheese
•1 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
•2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
•2 tbsp red wine vinegar
•1 shallot, finely chopped
•1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
•1 tsp Dijon mustard
•1/2 tsp salt
•1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
•1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place piece of golden beet into spiralizer chute.
2. Turn spiralizer on; press beets using pusher until dispensed into bowl.
3. Repeat with remaining golden beet and red beets. (Use golden beets first so they don’t get stained by the red beets.) 4. Place beets into separate bowls.
1.Whisk together red wine vinegar, shallot, chives, mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Slowly whisk in oil. Toss beets, separately, each with half of the dressing.
1. Place spinach in large serving platter.
2. Top with golden and red beets, goat cheese and walnuts.
3. Garnish with parsley.
Tip: You can plate each serving and serve as a composed salad if desired.
Tip: Add hard-boiled egg wedges if desired.
Tip: If you like, you can replace goat cheese with crumbled feta cheese.